Tuesday, July 26, 2011

How Do I Do It All...

This is the question I get often, but one I got quite a bit today... LOL
Today was my amazing little cousin's First Birthday!!! Lucy or LaLa as we call her, had a pretty picnic party and it was so much fun!
I made my first quilt ever for her present: an heirloom quilt. When I initially put together the baby shower for LaLa one year ago, I included a block of fabric in each invitation and asked the women to bring them back decorated. We ended up with 12 blocks all decorated differently per each friends different style.

While moving recently, I found the ever lost Baby Shower Blocks and decided it would be a really fun surprise to put together the long forgotten quilt.

ONE PROBLEM... I still work 8-12 daily at my part time job, then I have my own business to run and appointments booked for two weeks (let alone the marketing that needs to be done daily). I also have a one-year old and am 28 weeks pregnant. So, when do I find time to make a quilt?

I guess I allocated my time like I normally do when I need to get things done. Here's how I got the quilt finished:

(shower before I go to bed)
6am wake up: pack diaper bag for day care. Pack my breakfast and lunch. Take cup of coffee with me and leave for work at 7am.
NOW.. I dont normally have to be to work until 7.30ish, but this extra time allows me to work in peace and be as loud as I need to (sewing machines, metal embossing, etc)
12pm- pick up baby from daycare and take her home to eat lunch.
1.30pm- lunch and play time done, put baby in carseat with bottle for nap time. She falls asleep on our way to babysitters (either grandmas, friends or aunties).
2-5pm- Keepsake 3D Imaging (my ultrasound business)
5pm- pick up both kids and go home to start dinner.
During dinner I play with Ila- she smells all the different foods I use to cook with, or helps me taste things. This is a special time of ours.
6pm daddy is home from work and we eat together at table.
After dinner, daddy takes baby Ila for a bath and our oldest Deshae, has her daily chore of Dinner Clean Up.
This allows me another 30 minutes to get set up for finishing any craftiness.
After bath time, we usually spend a little family time by watching a TV show together and one of us usually sits on floor with baby and plays with toys with her during the show.
8pm- bedtime for baby.
8-9pm (ish)- Mom gets into crafts again that she already had set up and ready.
Usually by 9 Im either done and need to do NOTHING for awhile...
9pm- back on couch with daddy watching TV until I fall asleep at 10.


So thats it... No matter what craft I decide to try, I do rely a lot on the workings of our family to help me with my things, so that I can find a little ME time in there too... I suggest you do the same :)

1 comment:

  1. AW I loved reading this! You sound like such a busy Momma but it seems like you have a pretty good schedule which makes things easier for sure!

    ReplyDelete